Friday, September 30, 2011

We are trying something new . . .

I am giving the girls their assignments for the entire week on Monday and then they can complete their alone work in any order that they want. My oldest has had no problem working independently but my youngest is very dependent on me telling her what to do.

I am hoping that this helps her become less dependent on me telling her what to do. So far, it seems to be working well. I think that I was creating the problem. When she had to do the work herself, she did. When she knew that I was there for her, she always needed help--she would not even try to do the work by herself.




Next week, I am going to give a specific school hours. Say 10am to 3p (that would include an 30 minute to 1 hour lunch). If they choose to dawdle during those hours, then they loose their privileges (Wii, special tv or movie, dessert, etc) for that evening.

This week went pretty good. I think it was a lot less stressful for all of us.

No comments: