Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NetFlix vs. Blockbuster



First off, let me say that I am have not been using NetFlix long. But I will say that so far I am impressed. I really like the "instant viewing" that you can watch on your computer. I have already watched Dr. Who and Red Dwarf (yes, I am a fan of British Television) and my youngest is enjoying Shirley Temple's Curly Top as I write this. She is even watching it on our older computer without any problem with the downstreaming.

I was a member of BlockbusterOnline. I really liked them at the beginning but they continued to raise their prices and take away perks that I got feed up and canceled.

With Blockbuster, I had long wait times not only for current movies, but also for older movies and television shows. It was very frustrating. So far, the movies that had long wait times at Blockbuster are available at NetFlix. I have already got quite a few and enjoyed them immensely either by mail or instant viewing. Did I mention that I was fan of the NetFlix's "instant viewing".

I have read about "throttling". But I don't think I will have a problem. I forget to return movies all the time and I don't like a lot of the current movies anyway. If they send me stuff that is not at the top of my queue, I do not really mind.

I will say that with my experience with Blockbust and NetFlix, NetFlix wins hands down.

No comments: