Thursday, May 14, 2009

House cleaning


I never thought I would be excited about cleaning my house.


~MY CLEAN LIVING ROOM~
My camera is slowly dying but you get the idea. I do not have much closet storage space so I have had to stack my scrapbooking totes by the white cabinet. Not the best but it will have to do for now.



The same cat and yes, I do have a barber chair in my living room. It is actually quite comfortable to sit in.

I finished the living/school room. It took me probably a total of 24 hours to clean it completely. I even opened all the cabinets and cleaned them. I ended up with three bags of garbage (mostly VHS tapes of shows we recorded off telly). I now have my school stuff organized and I even have an empty cupboard in my entertainment center. YEAH! Now the big test. To keep it clean. I have made a new rule for the living room. Toys that are in their room stay in their room. I will know that some stuff will end up in the living room. Every night before bedtime, I have the girls do a quick clean up of their room--I want to start that in the living room. I was thinking of letting each girl have container to pick up their stuff from living room to put up.


YUCK!

Next room--I need to deep clean my computer/dining/not sure what it is room. In my defense, I knew this was going to be the next room I cleaned so I moved stuff from the living room (that I was not sure what I was going to do with) to the dining room. I don't know if this is how other people clean, but I find that if I am stuck with something that I do not know what to do with it, I set it aside and then I can figure it out. The computer/dining room became that space. Even though this room looks really bad in the picture, I don't think that it will take me as long to clean. I know I will have to break up the cleaning because I have to pick my hubby up when he gets home from his business trip in Orlando.

Will post the "after" pictures when done. (Hopefully, tomorrow!)

No comments: