Friday, September 19, 2008

Starting a new lapbook-Mr. Popper's Penguins

I am so OCD. We are using Sonlight Curriculum and my girls somehow got whopperjawed (is that really a word?) in regards to what week they were on. Angel just ended week 8 and the Curly completely missed a read-a-loud book and was only half way through with week 8. Now I do know that you do not have to do all the read-a-louds, but this is one I really wanted to do. I had a lapbook for it and everything (insert whining here). SO after completing the other work for week 8, I decided to just do the book and let Angel listen along while she watercolored (her new most favorite thing to do). Tonight we read the first 3 chapters and worked on the elements that corresponded with those chapters. We learned that the Emperor Penguin was the tallest and heaviest bird, the Marconi Penguin has the biggest population, and the Galapagos Penguin in the most endangered. Oh and there are 17 types of penguins. I look forward to posting the pictures of the completed lapbook.

MY FAVORITE PENGUIN VIDEO (yes, it is in a foreign language)

No comments: