Friday, August 7, 2009

Choices

I was really hoping to have at least the wall to my new room put up already and the electrician scheduled. But, it has not happened so I have two choices--Choice #1: get totally overwhelmed and shut down or Choice #2: think of plan B.

I was ready to choose #1. I don't really handle stress very well and this was becoming stressful--I don't have a garage door, I don't know when the wall will be put up and I wanted to start school in September. I could feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it.

You know, I was getting all stressed and everything when I should have been seeking the peace and council of God. When I do that He helps me think so much clearer and see the big picture. When I finally did, He gave me such a peace. The garage will get done and my kids will be taught. Will it be on my time frame -- no, but that is ok. This is a wonderful teaching opportunity for my girls. I want to teach them how to handle situations in life. This is one of those times where I can show the girls through my example that even when things are not going as planned, everything will still be ok. God is in control. I need to show them that I trust God in ALL things--big and small. You know I find it so much easier to trust God on the big things--it is the small things that I have trouble with.

God has also blessed with a wonderful Mom that I can talk to and bounce ideas off of. Through talking, we came up with Plan B.

I emptied some shelves and am organizing my stuff on it and could be ready to start school 3 weeks early on August 10 but the girls are attending a VBS and so I will wait to start on August 17 (still earlier than my original September start!) God is so good! I am going to be using a modified workbox system. I will let you know how it goes.

If we can not get someone to do the wall, my Mom and I decided that we could do most of it ourselves. I don't know if I can handle an impact hammer to attach the board to the cement. But, I might be finding out soon. :-)

No comments: